The FAFSA can now be completed as early as October 1st. Because this opening date has been moved ahead many colleges have also moved their priority enrollment deadline up. Please make sure you are aware of any enrollment or scholarship deadlines your colleges of interest may have.
FSA ID- Both students and parents need to obtain an FSA ID before completing the FAFSA. Parents and students may not use the same email address. To create your FSA ID visit https://fsaid.ed.gov
County Financial Aid Nights 2020-2021- Dates and Times To Be Announced
A representative from OUC's financial aid office will be going over basic FAFSA information, as well as answering any questions you may have, regardless of where your student is attending school.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Students planning on attending college must fill out the FAFSA.
Please check with your college or university for deadline information.
You may choose any of these three methods to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA):
- Log on to www.fafsa.gov to apply.
- Complete a PDF FAFSA (Note: PDF FAFSAs must be mailed for processing).
- Request a paper FAFSA by calling 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243).
Career Exploration resources
This website was designed to help both current and prospective nurses further their nursing education by creating and sharing career and education guides.
A new, no-cost, online career planning tool that helps students discover career interests, explore future job options, build a future budget, create a resume and more.
- Tips on filling out the FAFSA.
- Videos, quizzes, articles and many more tools to help through each step of the college application process.
- Enter for a chance to win a $10,000 scholarship.
College Credit Plus Program
2020-2021 COLLEGE CREDIT PLUS MANDATORY MEETING
If your student is interested in participating in the College Credit Plus Program for the 2021-2022 school year, you must attend a mandatory informational meeting. OUC will be offering two additional meetings you may attend should you be unable to come to the meeting at our high school. Representatives from OUC, Southern State University, and Ohio Christian University will be on hand to give information specific to their institutions. Your student will not be permitted to participate in this program if you do not attend one of the two offered informational meetings, sign a letter of intent to participate before April 1st, 2021, as well as meet all other deadlines established by the university they choose to attend.
***The College Credit Plus program is continuously changing, so this informational meeting is required even if your student has previously participated in College Credit Plus.
- Ohio University Chillicothe- To be announced.
- Adena High School- To be announced
- PRCTC CC+ Information Meeting (for sophomores interested in attending PRCTC during the 2021-2022 school year) To be announced.
Area College/Career Events
College Representative Visits 2020-2021 School Year
Due to the current COVID situation, we are limiting the number of visitors to the school, as well as avoiding large group gatherings. Please explore the websites of any colleges you are interested in attending. Many colleges are having virtual tours and information sessions.
Ohio University College Fair - To be announced.The OUC College Fair will bring together representatives from area colleges. If your student is interested in perusing college after high school graduation, this is a great way to explore some options available to them. Seniors may sign up in the office to participate in this field trip.
County Wide Financial Aid NightsAttend a free Financial Aid Night to learn about scholarships, grants, loans, and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Three nights to choose from! 2020-2021 Dates and Times To Be Announced
OUC Majors Fair 2020-2021 Dates and Times To Be AnnouncedThe OUC Majors Fair will bring together representatives from programs at the Chillicothe Campus and Main Campus in Athens. If you are interested in attending any Ohio University location, this is a great way to learn more about potential majors available.
Ohio University Virtual College Visits Register for virtual Ohio Discover Days- October 17th and November 14th. Set up virtual appointments with admissions and financial aid, or take a virtual tour. Click here for more information
Pickaway Ross Career and Technology Center (PRCTC)
Schedule of events:
- Sophomore Presentations at Adena: Monday, September 21st, 2020.
- Sophomore Tour of PRCTC: Monday, November 9th, 2020.
- PRCTC Open House: November 17th 5-8pm
- PRCTC CC+ Information Meeting (for sophomores interested in attending PRCTC during the 2021-2022 school year)
- Priority Application Deadline, January 31st.
- Notification sent to applicants (accepted, hold for review, program full, and not accepted), Early March.
- New Student Welcome, March 31st.
TESTING DATES AND INFORMATION
2020-2021 High School End of Course Exams
Fall Test Schedule:
- Wednesday, December 2nd - English I (retakes)
- Thursday, December 3rd - English II (Including all retakes)
- Tuesday, December 8th - Biology (Including all retakes)
- Thursday, December 10th - Algebra I and Geometry (Including all retakes)
- Tuesday, December 15th - American History and Government (Including all retakes)
- December 16th - 18th Makeup Testing
Spring Test Schedule:
- Wednesday, April 14th- English I (Including all retakes)
- Thursday, April 15th- English II (Including all retakes)
- Wednesday, April 28th- Algebra I and Geometry (Including all retakes)
- Thursday, April 29th- Biology (Including all retakes)
- Tuesday, April 27th- Am History and Government (Including all retakes)
PSAT - (Juniors) - date and time to be announced
ASVAB - (Juniors) - date and time to be announced
- 8:30am Middle School Gym
ASVAB INTERPRETATION (Juniors) - date and time to be announced
WORKKEYS (Juniors)- a work readiness test. To be announced for 2020-2021 school year.
ACT (Junior Class)
The ACT will be offered free of charge to the entire junior class.
Test Date: Tuesday, February 23rd, 2021
2020 - 2021 ACT Test Dates
- October 10th, 17th, 24th, 25th. Registration Deadline September 17th.
- December 12th. Registration Deadline November 6th.
- February 6th. Registration Deadline January 8th.
- April 17th. Registration Deadline March 12th.
- June 12th. Registration Deadline May 7th.
- July 17th. Registration Deadline June 18th.
Register at actstudent.org
ACT Prep Websites
Test Dates and Registration Information: Click here for more information
Junior ACT Test Date - February 23rd, 2021.
Each year the State of Ohio pays for one time ACT testing for all Juniors. This test will be given to our junior class, here at Adena High School.
SAT Testing Information
Sign up to take the SAT at sat.org/signup
2020-2021 Test Dates
- November 7th, 2020. Registration Deadline October 7th.
- December 5th, 2020. Registration Deadline November 5th.
- March 13th, 2021. Registration Deadline February 12th.
- May 8th, 2021. Registration Deadline April 8th.
- June 5th, 2021. Registration Deadline May 6th.
Scholarship applications are available on the Scholarship Application webpage.
Other Scholarship Sources:
Class Rank is determined by the total amount of quality ranking points earned by each student. Classes will fall into either the category of regular or advanced. ***Please be advised that College Credit Plus Courses taken during the second semester of a student's senior year will not be included when calculating class Valedictorian and Salutatorian.***
Diploma with Honors
Academic Diploma with Honors Students need to fulfill all but one of the applicable criteria for the Diploma with Honors.
Student/Parent Educational Resources
MATH TUTORING PERIOD
Tutoring is available to all high school students for math during their lunch study hall period. Students may sign out of their study hall and report to the scheduled room for tutoring. The following is the schedule of times tutoring is available: 5th Period Monday - Friday Mr. Smith Rm. 312
- Tasks for the College Bound Senior
- 10 Things High School Juniors Should Be Doing
- Things High School Sophomores Should Be Doing
Test Prep and Skill Building
Need to improve your skills on ACT, SAT, AP, Workkeys, ASVAB, and other subject areas? CLICK HERE
Online Resources/Homework Help
A free homework help services and school assistance directory available to help you learn and improve grades in the classroom. Post questions on the homework help forum, and submit questions to professional experts and teachers. Explore and browse the various school subjects for helpful articles, resources, and links. You can even search for topics that interest you.
HomeworkSpot.com is a free homework information portal that contains resources for English, math, science, history, art, music, technology, foreign language, college prep, health, life skills, extracurricular activities and much more. These resources are organized into grade-appropriate categories for elementary, middle and high school.
Khan Academy supplies a free online collection of over 2,200 micro lectures via video tutorials stored on YouTube teaching mathematics, history, finance, physics, chemistry, biology, astronomy, and economics. The khan Academy also provides a web-based exercise system that generates problems for students based on skill level and performance.
Using the StudyStack web site, you use your computer to display a stack of "virtual cards" which contain information about a certain subject. Just like flashcards, you can review the information at our own pace discarding the cards you've learned and keeping the ones you still need to review.
- Ross County Suicide Prevention Coalition
- The Jason Foundation - Programs for the Awareness and Prevention of Youth Suicide.
- ADAMH (Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services Board)
- Substance Abuse Programs and Support Services in Ross County
- Drug Addiction Affects All Ohioans - Know The Warning Signs
- Community Resources for Those in Need
Did You Know: Children of parents who talk to their teens about drugs are up to 50% less likely to use. Start the conversation by clicking here for more information.